Job posted on: June 2019
Positions available in the UK, Germany, Sweden and Canada.
Star Rapid is a British owned, high-growth, high-tech manufacturer based in China with a 10+ year track record of success. We offer a wide range of services including 3D printing, CNC machining, plastic injection molding and rapid tooling, all the while ensuring the highest quality.
As a part of our continued global expansion, we are looking for a Sales Engineer to spearhead our efforts in the UK, Germany, Sweden and Canada during this transformational phase of our company’s growth.
As a Sales Engineer, you are an expert in lean manufacturing processes and will utilize this expertise to strategically create value and drive sales. You will be responsible for identifying relevant market opportunities from a range of industries from automotive to medical. You will develop winning value propositions that meet the needs of potential customers to convert into new sales. The Sales Engineer will also work with our internal team to ensure that technical solutions for each client is met and properly delivered, as well as identifying potential risks in advance.
This role will be full of challenges and rewards as you meet with many inspiring innovators to help them develop their product or idea for the first time. Our customers range from start-ups to leading companies to Global 500 companies so there will never be a dull moment. If you would like to be part of the Star Rapid success story as we evolve to become one of the industry’s leading manufacturing service providers, please contact us today with your cover letter and CV.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To work with the CNC quoting team to review projects and help advise on quoting
- To attend all CNC related contract reviews to offer advice
- To act as a mentor
- To offer advice to SAM and CS on CNC related issues
- To do training where appropriate
- To assist CNC management team where needed
- To assist CNC manager and CTO with the specification, testing, and quoting of future technologies
- To assist with CNC trials
- To lead CNC Engineering team to complete the DFM timely, guide on any query and manage change
- To coach Engineering team, enhance any customer feedback especially ECN handling
- To be responsible for any quality issue and timely feedback
- Tough on decision making
- To complete the tasks assigned by leader
- Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or similar
- Work experience dealing directly with and servicing customers
- Previous Sales Engineering experience
- Manufacturing experience in at least 2 of the following: CNC, Plastic Injection Molding, 3D printing, Pressure Die Casting, Surface Finish, Quality Control
- Knowledge of 3D CAD software
- Process oriented and proactively use Salesforce.com and document all account activity within 48 hours of the activity occurring
- Conduct a minimum of 12 face-to-face meetings per week
- Able to manage time independently, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, highly-driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for learning, coaching and career development
- Demonstrates commitment to Star Values